Purpose

Are people inherently good or inherently evil?

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

If god is good, then why all of the evil in the world? Conclusion

If god is good, then why all of the evil in the world?
With my research i found that i agree with both St. Augustine and Kierkegaard. I think that there should be an explanation for evil in the world but also that by god giving us free will, it proves that he is really good.
It was difficult to question my faith but i think it really did aid in my understanding of both why there is evil in the world as well as realize that i can question my faith without it being bad. It actually made me feel a little bit better about my understanding of the topic.
I think that broadening my understanding of multiple topics is what this Philosophy course has done for me. While i am not usually the first one to speak in front of the class, i listen to the different views of the others in the class and from Professor Oliver and it has really aided in opening my mind to different possibilities as well as broaden my perspective.
Thank you Professor Oliver for the great semester and i hope you like my presentation :)

No comments:

Post a Comment